Mission + Vision
THE VISION OF SAFE-AFRICA
The vision of Sub-Saharan Africa Family Enrichment (SAFE) is that the AIDS epidemic in Africa may be curbed through redeemed hearts, renewed minds, and changed behavior, and that individuals, communities, cultures, and government policies may be transformed by God’s power and principles.
We believe that every person has been created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) and may, through faith in Jesus Christ as personal Savior (John 3:16), have a meaningful personal relationship with God. As individuals are redeemed and their minds are transformd, their godly character and Bibical worldview will transform their communities and culture (Romans 12:2).
It is the calling of SAFE to assist in redeeming the individual, the family, and the culture according to God’s revelation, which has been made known through the Holy Bible and through the person of Jesus Christ. We are convinced that we must address all aspects of human existence-body, mind, soul and spirit- because this is consistent with God’s creative and redemptive plan for mankind.
Our focus is the curent generation of young people and the generations that follow. SAFE is working in partnership with national leadership, Ministries of Educaion and Women and Child Development, and faith-based organizations throughout Africa. Though these partnerships, SAFE is touching thousands of lives as it influences government policy and programs. SAFE is promoting creative and sustainable solutons to eliminate the spread of HIV/AIDS and to help those whose lives have been devastated by the epidemic.
SAFE seeks by God’s grace and the power of the Holy Spirit, to direct indiviuals to Christ for a better quality of life on earth and for eternal life.
The SAFE-Africa Vision
To endeavor to restore God’s original creative plan for humanity so that the individual will realize his/her security is rooted in God’s unconditional love and his/her significance is in sharing His love and truth in order to disciple nations.
To affirm human dignity, equality of worth and responsibility
I John 4:16-18
To affirm God’s perfect love that casts out all fear
To have a meaningful relationship with God, oneself, and one’s neighbor
Romans 12:3, Preoverbs 23:7
To transform one’s mind and behavior, with a Biblical worldview
So that societies will endeavor to re-establish God’s original creative plan
The ECD/OVC Mission
ECD/OVC is a SAFE project tarfeting chldren from birth to 8 years old, their parents/guardians, and their caregivers, thereby addressing the education and care needs of children, especially those impacted negatively by the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
ECD/OVC’s mission is to:
- train parents/guardians and caregivers to provide holistic development of the child aged 0-8—physically, nutritionally, emotionally, psychologically, intellectually, and spiritually.
- support the parents/guardians and caregivers in developing appropriate instructional play materials.
- assist the parents/guardians and caregivers in food security, by helping them establish income-generating activities (IGAs) within their cultural context.
- encourage and educate parents/guardians and orphans in the prevention of HIV/AIDS, the care of people living with HIV, and the handling of the grieving process.
The Gogo Grandmothers Mission
Gogo Grandmothers is a SAFE grandparent-to-grandparent project which links grandparents from developed countries to grandparents careing for oprhans in developing countries, thereby addressing one of the outcomes of the HIV/AIDS pandemic within a faithbased context.
The Gogo Grandmothers mission is to provide a “connection” and relationship between grandparents giving and grandparents receiving support, by:
- spiritually, praying for each other
- physically, providing in cash or kind, for food, seed and fertilizer, clothing, and necessities of life.
- emotionally, supporting community-based initiatives, so that the orphans and vulnerable children continue to develop within family and community environments which are culturally appropriate.
Sukulu Mission Statement:
Sukulu supports rural community schools in Malawi. Sukulu believes that education is a right for all children and is the main way for them to break free from the cycle of extreme poverty by gaining qualifications that will boost their chances of finding or creating employment.
WHY WAIT? Truth for Youth Curriculum is a SAFE character development and life skills education curriculum and training program targeting school-going children of all ages and their teachers.
It’s mission is:
To encourage both youth and families to implement God’s persepctive of the “A, B, C” of HIV/AIDS prevention so that:
- Abstinence - Affirms both the dignity and responsibility of human sexuality.
- Be faithful - Builds strong supportive families which will encourage both A and B.
- In order to do this, C becomes “Christ-like Character” demonstrating:
thus being able to enjoy true Companionship.